Thursday, June 20, 2019

Missed Opportunities

Following on from the probably-incomplete list of games I have played, here are the games I have owned but have not played, and in some cases haven't even read:

2300AD
3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars 
13th Age Glorantha
Apocalypse World
Barbarians of the Ruined Earth
The Black Hack
The Cthulhu Hack
Cyberpunk 2020 (I have to play this next year, before it's too late!) Update: I played this just before the end of 2020 but forgot to blog about it!
Death Is the New Pink
Forgotten Futures
Godbound
GOZR
Into the Odd Update: Played Silent Titans, which uses the same rules, in 2022.
Lacuna Part I. The Creation of the Mystery and the Girl from Blue City Update: Played in 2021.
Lady Blackbird
Lords of Creation
Mage: The Ascension (My copy of the rulebook is long lost, so I doubt I'll be playing this!)
Make You Kingdom
Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game (I may never play this as I don't have the cards!)
Masque of the Red Death and Other Tales (this is technically a campaign setting but it changes AD&D2 to such an extent that I'm going to include it; thanks to Martin for the inspiration!)
Mekton II
Mutant Future
Nemesis
Night's Black Agents Update: Played in 2021.
Psi World
Puppetland
Ruination Pilgrimage
Silent Legions
Silent Titans Update: Played in 2022.
SINless
Small But Vicious Dog
Tenra Bansho Zero
Traveller, the original flavour.
Troika!
True20
Villains and Vigilantes

These are the games I've bought or -- in the case of freebies -- made an effort to acquire. Most are hardcopies, with a handful of pdfs; I am not including all the free pdfs you get given every so often at Drive Thru RPG because then the list would go into the hundreds and that way lies madness.

It's not as bad as I thought, although it is a little bad; there are things here that I will never play and I know it. The bigger issue perhaps is the number of adventures and campaigns I've bought with no clear idea of when they will be played; perhaps that's a list for another post, if I can stand the crushing shame of it all.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great list! I'm going to do this off the top of my head and I'm sure I'll miss a bunch...

    * 13th Age
    * Solar Blades and Cosmic Spells
    * Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    * Conan (D20 - Mongoose)
    * Wheel of Time (D20)
    * Iron Kingdoms (D20)
    * AD&D 2nd Edition (I just remembered that I got the core books and almost all of the Complete handbooks and quite a few of the Historical Supplements, but never got a chance to play)
    * Sengoku
    * Dungeon Crawl Classics

    That's all the comes to mind, but I'm sure there are others. Like you, I didn't include free PDFs. I also didn't include campaign settings - I have a ton, particularly for 3rd Edition, many of which make substantial rules changes but which are technically not separate games. Wheel of Time, Conan, and the Iron Kingdoms Player's Guide are different enough that I think they could be considered separate games, but Seven Seas, Rokugan, Ravenloft, and Dawnforge all seem just close enough to standard D20 to count as just campaign settings and not separate games. But, if I were to include campaign settings that I bought but never played in, my list would be about twice as long as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good list!

      I have -- too -- many adventures and campaigns, but not many campaign settings. I've got Red Tide for Labyrinth Lord, then Dark Sun and Masque of the Red Death for AD&D2, but I think that's about it.

      Masque changes AD&D2 that, like some of yours, it could be considered a separate game; I think I may add it.

      Delete