Monday, June 17, 2019

Playa Got Game

This popped up on Twitter the other day:



I replied with a list. Then remembered a few more. Then another few more. Then some more, then I gave up and decided to post the list here instead. I knew I'd played more than four. I didn't realise it had been more than ten times that.

This list doesn't include the games I've owned and never played -- which is a smaller list, but only just! -- nor the games for which I've generated characters and then the game never happened.

13th Age
Adventures in Middle Earth
Barbarians of Lemuria
Call of Cthulhu
Cold City
Conspiracy X
Cyberpunk 2020
(the last days of 2020, just in time!)
Cybergeneration
Cypher System
Dark Conspiracy
Deadlands
Deadlands Noir
Delta Green
(v2 in 2019)
Dragon Age
Dragonlance: The Fifth Age
Dungeons and Dragons
(Basic, 2, 4, and 5)
Elric!
Feng Shui
Fiasco
Fighting Fantasy
Golden Heroes

Hot War
Lacuna Part I. The Creation of the Mystery and the Girl from Blue City
(2021)
Lamentations of the Flame Princess
Legend of the Five Rings
Middle Earth Roleplaying
Monster of the Week
(2021)
Mutant
(Year Zero, Genlab Alpha, Mechatron)
Mutant Chronicles
Nephilim
Night's Black Agents
(2021)
The One Ring
Pandemonium!
Paranoia
Pathfinder
Pendragon
Phoenix: Dawn Command
Redbox Hack
Rogue Trader
RuneQuest
Savage Worlds
Shadow of the Demon Lord
(2020)
Shadowrun
Silent Titans/Into the Odd
(2022)
SLA Industries
A Song of Ice and Fire
(sort of; Ben used the rules to run an Arthurian game)
Star Wars (d6)
Trail of Cthulhu
Traveller: The New Era
Unknown Armies
(sort of; Stuart used a homebrew system based on Star Wars d6)
Vampire: The Masquerade
Vultures
(2022)
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
(first, second, and -- in 2019 -- fourth edition)

I think that's it, but I expect to remember half a dozen more games about thirty seconds after I click "Publish".

5 comments:

  1. That's quite a list! Mine is nowhere near that expansive.

    I'm a bit jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but you've run a single fantasy campaign across decades,so it's me that's jealous!

      Delete
  2. I did this once on my blog years ago and it got crazy. LOL Seriously, I've just played and run so many different games. As to ones I haven't played or run, I guess there must be some...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that my big "experimental phase" with rpgs was when I was a teenager but as I put this list together, I discovered that it's about half and half; I'm still trying out new games all the way up to today, which is fun.

      Delete