Monday, October 12, 2020

Skeletons and Spacemen

There is a group on Facebook that collects pictures of skeletal astronauts. I was under the impression is was a group for artists to share their pictures of skeletal astronauts, but it turns out it's more general than that. Anyway, I drew this.

This is a first for me, as I drew the entire thing on the computer. My normal method is to pencil and ink on paper, then scan and use Gimp to clean up the image and add any greys or colours. Here, everything was done in Gimp from the start. I didn't even do any preliminary sketches!

It was a bit of a struggle and I think you can tell; the lines are more wobbly than normal and everything is a bit wonky in general, but I was starting to get the hang of it towards the end and it was a fun process.

No comments:

Post a Comment