Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Road Trippy

Here's one final piece -- for now -- from Comes Chaos.


This is for the travel chapter, and is supposed to depict a landscape corrupted and twisted by the influence of big-C Chaos. The previous picture was my first attempt at the image, but it was too close to the action and didn't get the idea across of a journey through a tainted land. I'm not sure this one does either, but it's closer!

(Pun not intended.)

It's also a bit of an homage to a classic piece of Warhammer art, given that the project as a whole has a Warhammer flavour. As I worked on the image it drifted further from the original and I suspect it's unidentifiable to anyone who doesn't know already. I will be impressed if anyone spots it!

Comes Chaos is available in pdf now from JB's blog. A print version is on its way and JB will announce when that's ready to go.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with the Warhammer hommage, but love all the little details, like the mushrooms, the "tree face", the moon, the moustache (!)... Great piece.

    ReplyDelete