Sunday, December 17, 2023

Mince Pie Fest 2023: The Bastard Kipling

Oh, look who finally turned up, the Bastard Kipling himself.


These are big, chunky pies, with a nice firm pastry. Alas that same pastry is chalky and dry, and tastes mainly of nothing. The filling too is oddly tasteless, like it's made of teeny packing peanuts. The edible sort, obviously, that are basically unflavoured Wotsits. Don't try to eat the other ones, because they will do your insides no good whatsoever.

Anyway. 1.5 out of 5. #MincePieFest2023 #MincePieADay #mincetagram

4 comments:

  1. Had no idea that there are so many types of mince pies available. In my country I have never seen one, even when there were Tescos everywhere. That's why we're going to make my own, filled to the brim and red wine or cider infused. My British friend is going to visit us and I do hope he is going to like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that these are sadly disappointing in Australia as well.

    ReplyDelete