Friday, January 16, 2004

Giant Robotic Text Editors Of Destruction!


Not bad. I would, of course, prefer to be a Transformer, but Calibretto's not bad...



Which Colossal Death Robot Are You?


Thanks to Billy, Snowball and Grace for that!

I've been spending quite a bit of the past few days rebuilding my website. It was okay as a first attempt, but when a prospective employer actually asked to see the site, I realised that it just wasn't good enough for my purposes, so I've set about redesigning it a bit. For big tasks like that, I've been using Textpad, a text editor that does a wonderful job of helping me keep track of what I'm doing. For blog posts and little bits of HTML, then Notepad is fine, but for larger jobs, it's not so good. It has a maximum file size for a start, so big webpages are out, and it has no formatting of any sort, which makes sorting through lines of HTML code very difficult. If you've got one missing tag in a whole page of code, Notepad is not the easiest way to find and fix it. What I like most about Textpad is that it displays HTML code in blue, URLs in green, and plain text in standard black. As a result, it's much easier to see what you're doing. Unfortunately, Textpad also has a tendency to lock up the computer, especially if you have anything else running at the same time. So, if anyone has any good alternative text editor suggestions, then do let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment