Saturday, February 04, 2006

Oi oi!!!



So yeah, it's been a while. Nothing of particular interest to report (well, I did have a good laugh at this, mainly because Warren Ellis once tried to beat me up...), which is probably part of the reason why I haven't posted anything of late. Lots of reading and writing, not much arithmetic.

I did hear the Arctic Monkeys single the other day; I quite liked it, and was sufficiently impressed by what I was hearing about their staggering chart and sales successes that I got hold of the album, and... well, it doesn't really impress me. Good single, bit of a boring album.

There. That's my annual music post. Now, I have stuff to do. Expect my next post to be in another two weeks or so...

5 comments:

  1. Warren Ellis once tried to beat you up? Literally? Figuratively? In a dream? Please explain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing about the Arctic Monkeys are all the wacky rumours surrounding them, like "they're just puppets.. the songs are actually all written by Carter U.S.M".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did think that they sounded a bit like Carter USM, lyrics wise. It's an intteresting way to return from obscurity, but it worked for Cathy Dennis, so I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooah... Cathy Dennis was actually Carter U.S.M?! Duude!

    ReplyDelete