Friday, May 21, 2004

Losing Face And Blasting Frenchies


I wonder, does it really look worse in the eyes of the general populace to say "Yes, we bombed an innocent wedding party, and we're very very sorry. We make mistakes, and we'll try not to make them again." rather than "How many people go to the middle of the desert to hold a wedding 80 miles from the nearest civilisation? These were more than two dozen military-age males. Let's not be naive...I don't have to apologise for the conduct of my men"? The current administration here in the US obviously doesn't really care about how the world views them, but do they really think that the average American will approve of this John Wayne attitude?

Sorry for all the recent posts about America's Atrocities Abroad, by the way. I haven't really felt like commenting on anything else. I've been busy behind the scenes here at Brainsplurge, but not doing anything of public interest as yet. I should have a couple of interesting things to report pretty soon, but we'll see.

One thing worth mentioning, sad as it is, is that a number of hours have been wasted this week blasting away at (mostly French) terrorists in Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain. It's one of those "special forces" games that seem to be everywhere nowadays, and that I normally don't have much time for, but I've really been enjoying this one. Well worth a rental at least. And not just for the Frenchie-blasting, either. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment