So I was diagnosed with epilepsy yesterday. Yay.
In happier news I also got hold of Swindle, after a scary few days when I feared he had sold out. Here he is, not alongside his 2001 incarnation, because I've somehow lost him. Oh well.
I was a bit concerned about the vehicle mode as it looked a bit blocky and unrealistic in pictures, but it looks much better in person.
And here's the team, in all their nowhere-near-in-scale glory:
And at long last, their combined form... BRUTICUS.
The combination sequence is quite fiddly, and even after doing it I have no idea how Blast Off and Vortex "broke" in half to form the arms or how I'm supposed to reconnect them, but the end result is very impressive. And huge. I'm not sure where I'm going to put him now.
Again, there will be no comparison with his 2001 incarnation as he'd be missing a leg, but here's his 2001 head alongside his 2026 head, for fun.




Congrats on completing the set! Always nice to finish one of those grail quests. The epilepsy diagnosis isn't great news, but I guess it's better knowing about it than not.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's a shock, but on the other hand I already had it but now I just have a name to go with it, so from that perspective, nothing's changed.
DeleteSorry to hear about the diagnosis, but having a name on something that's been troubling you is still worth a lot.
ReplyDeleteRegarding Autobots vs Decepticons design: why is it that the evil side always wins this battle? I mean sure there are cool looking Autobots but overall I think Decepticons got the better ideas. And I guess this goes for a lot of good/evil designs in all fiction; is it because you have more to draw from when designing "evil"?
I agree. The colours probably help; there's a lot of purple in the Bad Guys, and purple is cool.
DeleteYeah purple theory makes sense. I had the "torso part" of Defensor (Hot Spot...?), and I mean, Defensor looks more like he's all over the place - or nowhere. He just looks messy, unlike Bruticus, who even has horns; his silhouette makes him immediately recognisable.
Delete#teampurple