Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Happy birthday today to Kevin Sorbo.

(It's a long, and not very good, story)

I've really got to get this page for Spooky done today, then I have one of my favourite films ever to watch.

Yesterday, I found myself watching the first episode of the new series of NYPD Blue. This was more due to me not wanting to get off the sofa than any desire to watch the show. The last time I saw the programme was about six years ago, and I didn't like it back then. I noticed that the programme, apart from some cast changes, is exactly the same as it was the last time I saw it, and I wouldn't have bothered watching if it wasn't for the fact that one of the cast members looked annoyingly familiar. I knew him from somewhere, but I couldn't place him.
Then, about halfway through, I realised, and what was a badly written, gritty, issues-based crime drama suddenly became an exercise in stunned confusion and disbelief.
To be fair, he's a pretty strong actor, and did a good job even though the episode gave him little to do, but still, what is Zack Morris doing on NYPD Blue?

No comments:

Post a Comment