Monday, August 22, 2022

Marvellous Movies

My friend Phill has, over the past few weeks, watched almost every Marvel film, and has now ranked them. I'm not going to go into the same detail as he has, but I thought it would be worth a few minutes listing mine too.

I have arranged them into four fuzzy tiers of relative enjoyment. I'm only including the MCU stuff and I'm not including the TV shows, for reasons of general sanity.

Not Great
Eternals, Iron Man 2, Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Not Bad at All
Both Ant-Mans, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Black Panther (I may have to re-evaluate this one), Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 3, Thors 1, 2, and 4.

Not Quite the Best
Marvel Avengers Assemble, Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Infinity War, all three of the Captains America, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2, Iron Man, Shang Chi, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Not Likely to be Bettered
Guardians of the Galaxy vol 1, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (I'm counting it, even if Marvel and Sony won't for whatever reason), Thor: Ragnarok.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Spider-Man: into the Spider-Verse and Ragnarok are my two favorites. Outstandingly entertaining movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This freaking thing won't recognize my account. Swell. Anyway, I haven't seen Eternals, Endgame, Multiverse of Madness or any of the Spider-Man movies.

    That said, Captain America 1 & 2, Iron Man, Black Panther and Ragnarok at the top. Dark World, GOTG 2, Iron Man 3 (I know 2 is a real mess, but I can't pretend to care about Guy Pearce or Extremis).

    Everything else is in some middle ground. Some I would watch again, some I don't think I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to watch Black Panther again. I based this on the rankings I gave each film on IMDB, and I was surprised to see the score I gave BP.

      Delete