Sunday, November 06, 2022

Mince Pie Fest 2022: Tesco

And we’re off!

For those of you that are new, I’m going to “try” -- by which I mean “eat a whole box of” -- mince pies from the major shops, plus a selection of local Brighton bakeries, then tell you which ones are best. In 2021 I proclaimed the COOP to be the best, and they promptly sold out across the country, so you can see that my word is law.

Or something.

Anyway.


The Tesco pastry tends toward the bland, and is a tiny bit chalky and dry, but better dry than soggy, I say. The filling has a touch of flavour, but it’s gone in a flash. Not bad, not great. These are the sort of pies you’d get out for a visit by a “friend” you are somewhat ambivalent towards. You know the one. 3 out of 5.

#MincePieFest2022 #MincePieADay #mincetagram


I'm doing this because I love mince pies and people seem to enjoy my reviews. I will be buying and eating the mince pies anyway, that's important to understand. That said, if there is anyone out there who is not being crushed by the cost of living crisis and wants to bung me a couple of quid to buy mince pies, then you can do so with the widget below:


No comments:

Post a Comment